For the NCLEX, you will need to focus on the disorders of the lower and upper urinary tracts.
Lower urinary tract infections are disorders that cause problems or inflammation with the
- (urethra) or the (bladder), such as urithritis and cystitis.
Upper Urinary tract infections includes renal infections usually includes
- glomerulonephritis and pyelonephritis.
Different Renal Disorders includes:
- an infectious disease causing inflammation of the kidney organ and tissue.
- a non bacterial inflammation of the kidney’s glumerolus.
Diagnostic Tests with the Urinary System:
- Serum Creatinine Level
- Blood Urea Nitrogen BUN
Urine Culture and Sensitiviy
Creatinine Clearance Test
- Creatinine clearance test, evaluates how well the kidneys remove creatinine
- Blood is drawn after taking the urine sample.
- an x ray procedure
- uses a radiopaque dye
- assess for allergies
- – injection of a radiopaque dye
- – obtain informed consent.
- – assess for allergies
- – withold food after midnight
- – inform pt. about throat irritation
Uric Acid Test
- Uric acid test is a 24 hr. urine collection to diagnose for gout.
A sudden but reversible loss of kidney function.